i hope everyone’s new year has started off on the right foot. i was so ready to start the new year by reorganizing the things that have gotten messy in the hub-bub between Thanksgiving and New Years celebrations.
one of my favorite things to do at home is drink tea with loved ones. my tea stash has a tendency to get a bit unorganized though. over thanksgiving i saw my sister’s tea storage box from The Container Store. (shown below)
i was really coveting one of these when i realized i could just make on myself! as i was making this
i thought, lots of folks have empty boxes laying around, especially after all the gift giving and receiving so i thought this would be a great diy project to share with you all.
what you need for this project is :
a box (small enough to fit in your cabinet but large enough to hold a few tea boxes)
your tea boxes
a scissors, a pen and a little tape.
1. find a good size box for your tea organizer w my box isnt deep but if yours is thats ok. if you need to trim it a little to make it less deep do that.
2. decide which tea boxes go where in your bigger box. neatly cut off all the box tops of the tea boxes saving them to used as dividers.
3. my bigger box didnt hold all of the tea boxes so i combined the teas in the smaller boxes using the box tops as the dividers. (stick the tops into the boxes the long direction). write the names of the tea on the dividers.
4. cut up any extra boxes to make extra dividers to save for later.
5. use bits of folded tape stuck onto the bottom of the tea boxes to hold them into place in the bigger box.
6. the Celestial Seasonings teas i had posed a bit of a problem because their philosophy is to have less packaging. so i took out the individual waxed bags and put them all together in one box. labeling each one with their box top.
7. i added the little tins of tea i got myself as a souvenir at an amazing tea and spice store in Grand Central Station on a family trip over Thanksgiving
you can go a step further and decorate the box and the dividers. talk about cute storage.
i want to decorate the Celestial Seasonings box so the person selecting the tea knows there are different kinds inside. i’ll update you when i do!
happy new year everyone! looking forward to a new year with you all